OSX/MacPorts KDE CI System: Asking for trouble due to installations outside the expected $DATA_INSTALL_DIR/kf5 directory for khtml and katepart5

Marko Käning mk-lists at email.de
Mon Jul 7 19:31:06 UTC 2014

Hi David,

On 07 Jul 2014, at 21:11 , David Faure <faure at kde.org> wrote:
> ... to the kxmlgui5 subdir, which is the whole point of that change…
yes, I know.

> But you should probably look at kwrite/inst, not kate/inst.
Hmm, kwrite gets installed as part of kate.
So, they have the same install root.

This is the case where the patch hasn’t been applied:
---
$ ls -1 /opt/kde/install/darwin/mavericks/clang/kf5-qt5/kde/applications/kate/inst/Library/Application\ Support
kate
katebuild
katecloseexceptplugin
katectags
katefiletree
kategdb
katekonsole
kateopenheaderplugin
kateproject
katesearch
katesql
katexmltools
kwrite
---

And this is where kxmlgui folder resides:
---
$ ls -1 /opt/kde/install/darwin/mavericks/clang/kf5-qt5/frameworks/kxmlgui/inst/Library/Application\ Support/kf5
kxmlgui
$ ls -1 /opt/kde/install/darwin/mavericks/clang/kf5-qt5/frameworks/kxmlgui/inst/Library/Application\ Support/kf5/kxmlgui/
pics
---
As you see in that folder there’s only a pics subfolder…
That’s all expected I guess.

If I apply your patches I end up with kwrite missing above, but as I said, it’s nowhere resurfacing, also not in

   /opt/kde/install/darwin/mavericks/clang/kf5-qt5/frameworks/kxmlgui/inst/Library/Application\ Support/kf5/kxmlgui/

!

Oh, I see you’ve sent another RR on RB… Will check that one out now.

Greets,
Marko