Change the ML default reply-to address

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Wed Jan 29 10:43:37 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 11:23 AM, Kevin Krammer <krammer at kde.org> wrote:

> On Wednesday, 2014-01-29, 09:01:00, Martin Klapetek wrote:
>
> > Let's be pragmatic, how many times it happened to you that you actually
> > responded to the author alone while you actually intended to respond to
> the
> > list?
>
> How would that happen?
> Replying to the list always replies to the list.
>
> > It's just super annoying if you're communicating with lists like
> > plasma-devel which has reply-to-list and dozen more KDE MLs which also
> have
> > reply-to-list and then you're responding to k-f-devel and everytime it's
> > that "oh wait, I need to change the reply-to address".
>
> I am subscribed to more than two dozend KDE mailinglist (and numerous
> others).
> I post to some of the regularily while some others only sporadically.
> "New mail to list" and "reply to list" have *always* sent the mail to the
> list.
>
> The only thing that is not reliably working across lists is reply in
> private
> mail. For that to work repliably I've fallen back to using the mouse and
> right-clicking the right address. Pretty annoying but some mailinglists
> seem
> to have broken setups.

As said in the original mail, in less-advanced-than-kmail clients there is
no "reply to list" and simply hitting "reply" /always/ puts the author in
"To:" instead of the ML address for this list, therefore the suggestion :)

Personally I also think that all of our MLs should behave the same...sort
of like KDE-ML-policy but that's a longer run I guess...

Cheers
--
Martin Klapetek | KDE Developer