Jenkins build became unstable: kwallet-framework_master_qt5 #21

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Wed Jan 15 07:50:06 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 8:36 PM, Valentin Rusu <kde at rusu.info> wrote:
> On 01/15/2014 07:16 AM, Ben Cooksley wrote:

>>> Yep, I included the tests. These tests need kwalletd to run. What should
>>> I do to get it running on the test platform, if that's possible?
>>
>> The CI system automatically sets up the environment with everything
>> which should be required from the various install prefixes, if it can.
>>

>>> Here is an output log excerpt:
>>>
>>> QSYSTEM: KWalletTest::testWallet() Couldn't start kwalletd:
>>> QDBusError("org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown", "The name
>>> org.kde.kwalletd was not provided by any .service files")
>>
>> It seems you are relying on D-Bus auto-launching. Is this the case?
>
> Yes, the kwallet API uses DBus activation to get kwalletd up un running.
> If that's already in place, then I realize that we need another thing to
> get tests running. Upon first launch, kwalletd pops-up a wallet setup
> wizard. That blocks the DBus call. That wizard will not pop-up if the
> configuration file kwalletrc has "First use=false" entry.
>
> I suppose I must install this file before launching. Should I rely on
> XDG_CONFIG_HOME variable to find out the kwalletrc location?

You can rely on any of the following variables. Please be aware that
there will be multiple items in each one of these (one for each
dependency, plus system wide entries) and they will not be sorted in
any particular order. Each one is set appropriately depending on what
it is supposed to contain.

        'CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH', 'KDEDIRS', 'PATH', 'LD_LIBRARY_PATH',
'PKG_CONFIG_PATH', 'PYTHONPATH',
        'PERL5LIB', 'QT_PLUGIN_PATH', 'QML_IMPORT_PATH',
'QML2_IMPORT_PATH', 'XDG_DATA_DIRS',
        'XDG_CONFIG_DIRS', 'QMAKEFEATURES', 'XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP'

I don't know if that covers D-Bus activation though - if it follows
all the standard environment variables though it should do.

Thanks,
Ben