Jenkins build became unstable: kwallet-framework_master_qt5 #21

Valentin Rusu kde at rusu.info
Wed Jan 15 07:36:04 UTC 2014

On 01/15/2014 07:16 AM, Ben Cooksley wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 11:44 AM, Valentin Rusu <kde at rusu.info> wrote:
>> On 01/14/2014 11:41 PM, KDE CI System wrote:
>>> See <http://build.kde.org/job/kwallet-framework_master_qt5/21/changes>

>> Yep, I included the tests. These tests need kwalletd to run. What should
>> I do to get it running on the test platform, if that's possible?
>
> The CI system automatically sets up the environment with everything
> which should be required from the various install prefixes, if it can.
>

>> Here is an output log excerpt:
>>
>> QSYSTEM: KWalletTest::testWallet() Couldn't start kwalletd:
>> QDBusError("org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown", "The name
>> org.kde.kwalletd was not provided by any .service files")
>
> It seems you are relying on D-Bus auto-launching. Is this the case?

Yes, the kwallet API uses DBus activation to get kwalletd up un running.
If that's already in place, then I realize that we need another thing to
get tests running. Upon first launch, kwalletd pops-up a wallet setup
wizard. That blocks the DBus call. That wizard will not pop-up if the
configuration file kwalletrc has "First use=false" entry.

I suppose I must install this file before launching. Should I rely on
XDG_CONFIG_HOME variable to find out the kwalletrc location?