Jenkins build became unstable: kwallet-framework_master_qt5 #21

Alex Merry kde at randomguy3.me.uk
Wed Jan 15 11:15:54 UTC 2014

On 15/01/14 07:36, Valentin Rusu wrote:
> On 01/15/2014 07:16 AM, Ben Cooksley wrote:
>> It seems you are relying on D-Bus auto-launching. Is this the case?
>
> Yes, the kwallet API uses DBus activation to get kwalletd up un running.
> If that's already in place, then I realize that we need another thing to
> get tests running. Upon first launch, kwalletd pops-up a wallet setup
> wizard. That blocks the DBus call. That wizard will not pop-up if the
> configuration file kwalletrc has "First use=false" entry.
>
> I suppose I must install this file before launching. Should I rely on
> XDG_CONFIG_HOME variable to find out the kwalletrc location?

Take care here - we want users to be able to run the tests without
clobbering their configuration files.

QStandardPaths has a "test mode" that sets the write locations to things
in ~/.qttest.  Quite how you could make this work with kwalletd, I'm not
sure.  You could also just launch kwalletd manually from the tests and
ensure that XDG_CONFIG_HOME is set to something like ~/.kwalletd-tests
for that process, if kwallet doesn't intend to support windows or mac.

Alex