kstartupconfig5

Jaime jtamate at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 07:15:48 UTC 2014

> On Wed, February 19, 2014 19:07:58 Jaime wrote:
>> * Am I starting kde 5 in the right way?
>> * Should kstartupconfig5 be always available?
>> * Should startkde be modified to not fail if the return code is 127?
>
> I think we're trying to use
> systemd/logind or something on Linux, which doesn't work with KDM.
Is this configuration possible also for KDE4?

> Easiest thing to do would be to experiment and try having startkde keep going
> if kstartupconfig5 fails and see what you get though. ;)

Yes, If I comment manually kstartupconfig5, I have a plasma session,
and everything works as expected for an alpha (Some things work, some
things not). But, next time I run kdesrc-build, I have to retouch
again manually startkde.
I can patch it if it is ok to check for return code 127.

> Regards,
>  - Michael Pyne
Regards, Jaime.