kstartupconfig5

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Thu Feb 20 08:24:37 UTC 2014

On Thursday 20 February 2014 08:15:48 Jaime wrote:
> > On Wed, February 19, 2014 19:07:58 Jaime wrote:
> >> * Am I starting kde 5 in the right way?
> >> * Should kstartupconfig5 be always available?
> >> * Should startkde be modified to not fail if the return code is 127?
> >
> > I think we're trying to use
> > systemd/logind or something on Linux, which doesn't work with KDM.
>
> Is this configuration possible also for KDE4?
>
> > Easiest thing to do would be to experiment and try having startkde keep
> > going if kstartupconfig5 fails and see what you get though. ;)
>
> Yes, If I comment manually kstartupconfig5, I have a plasma session,
> and everything works as expected for an alpha (Some things work, some
> things not). But, next time I run kdesrc-build, I have to retouch
> again manually startkde.
> I can patch it if it is ok to check for return code 127.

Just as a note: most plasma devs are still running a kde4 session and just
start some apps in the new variant. So it's quite likely that you hit some
issues which nobody has noticed yet. Help on that is appreciated. My
suggestion is to move the discussion to the plasma mailing list as that has
nothing to do with the frameworks.

Cheers
Martin