kstartupconfig5

Michael Pyne mpyne at kde.org
Thu Feb 20 04:31:30 UTC 2014

On Wed, February 19, 2014 19:07:58 Jaime wrote:
> * Am I starting kde 5 in the right way?
> * Should kstartupconfig5 be always available?
> * Should startkde be modified to not fail if the return code is 127?

I'm guessing kstartupconfig5 is only for BSD platforms. But I'm not sure if
that means it should be removed from startkde; I think we're trying to use
systemd/logind or something on Linux, which doesn't work with KDM.

Easiest thing to do would be to experiment and try having startkde keep going
if kstartupconfig5 fails and see what you get though. ;)

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne