kstartupconfig5

Jaime jtamate at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 18:07:58 UTC 2014

Hi,

  Finally, I've been able to compile Qt5.2 and, using kdesrc-build
compile  frameworks and some programs.

  I've created a kdm4 session file to start the session using startkde
(the environment variables are set in .profile).

  But when I start a session, it says: "kstartupconfig5 does not exist
or fail. The error code is 127. Check your installation."

  I've looked in the bin directory and there is no kstartupconfig5.
  I've done a grep in the source and it is included in kde-workspace,
but aparently, it is only for BSD.

if(LIBBSD_FOUND)
    ecm_optional_add_subdirectory(
kstartupconfig)
else()
    message(STATUS "LibBSD was not found, kstartupconfig will not be built")
endif()

But it is called in startkde inconditionally.

kstartupconfig5
returncode=$?
if test $returncode -ne 0; then
    xmessage -geometry 500x100 "kstartupconfig5 does not exist or
fails. The error code is $returncode. Check your installation."
    exit 1
fi

* Am I starting kde 5 in the right way?
* Should kstartupconfig5 be always available?
* Should startkde be modified to not fail if the return code is 127?

Best Regards.