[error] Snapshot for krunner extracted successfully, but failed to complete initrepo.sh

Shivam Makkar amourphious1992 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 14 22:52:39 UTC 2014

On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 4:11 AM, Michael Pyne <mpyne at kde.org> wrote:

> On Thu, February 13, 2014 02:29:21 Shivam Makkar wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I'm not able to build framework 5 due to some update error in Krunner, is
> > there any manual method to build it ?
>
> You can pass --no-snapshots to the kdesrc-build command line to disable the
> use of a snapshot. kdesrc-build will then use the slightly-slower "git
> clone"
> command.

This worked !
Thanks for the help !

> Probably easiest to just remove the kwallet source directory and let
> kdesrc-
> build regenerate, as there was a rename of some kwallet-related
> repositories
> recently which is probably causing this.
>
> > Am I the only one facing these problems ? :P
>
> I think the rest of us were paying attention to the mailing list
> announcement
> about the renames. ;)

seems like have to pay more attention to the mailing lists :P

I successfully built the KF5, Thaks again !
when I try to run

$ kcmshell5 keyboard #(or any other kcm module)

I get a window saying :

Could not find plugin 'keybaord' for application 'kcmshell5'

possible reasons :

* An error occured during your last KDE upgrade leaving an orphaned control
module
* you have old third party modules lying around

when I run command

$ which kcmshell5

i get :

/home/amourphious/kde5/inst/bin

and this is the debug output in terminal (which seems not to be an error) :

kcmshell5(9959)/(default) KSycocaPrivate::openDatabase: Trying to open
ksycoca from "/home/amourphious/.cache5/ksycoca5"
kcmshell5(9959)/(default) KIconLoaderPrivate::initIconThemes: "Theme tree:
(Oxygen)"

Can you please tell me what is going wrong !
I would really appreciate any sort of help ! :)
Thanking you !

--
Regards
Shivam Makkar