split kdepimlibs

Daniel Vratil dvratil at redhat.com
Tue Aug 26 16:30:54 UTC 2014

On Tuesday 26 of August 2014 17:29:46 Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Tuesday, 2014-08-26, 12:32:48, laurent Montel wrote:

> > > To me it sounds like some of those things could be regrouped now. What
> > > about also bringing the akonadi server on board? Having a bigger akonadi
> > > framework containing server (right now in kdesupport), some access libs
> > > and a few default plugins would make sense (it looks like a KIO like
> > > framework).
> >
> > Regroup as a framework as :
> > akonadi-framework (better name)
> >
> >  -> src
> >
> >      -> akonadi-abc
> >      -> akonadi-calendar
> >      -> akonadi-contact
> >      -> akonadi-mime
> >      -> akonadi-notes
> >      -> akonadi-socialutils
> >      -> server (Dan must speak about it if he wants to move here)
> >      -> plugins serializer (moved from kdepim-runtime)
>
> We have to assume that frameworks will end up in single package
> dependencies, so it would be nice to have Akonadi server separate so it
> remains installable on its own.

Ee, the server goes in :-) It will still be installable standalone of course,
the only difference is that what is now libakonadiprotocolinternals.so would
be libKF5AkonadiPrivate.so.

> One thing that should probably be considered is that the current libs mix
> non- UI and UI stuff, so some separation in between these lines might still
> be something to strive for.

The Akonadi framework itself is already split into multiple libraries:

libKF5AkonadiCore - non-gui stuff
libKF5AkonadiAgentBase - agents/resources-related stuff (non-gui)
libKF5AkonadiWidgets - gui
(and some more, not important)

I think all the type-specific libraries (-abc, -calendar, ...) would all
depend on the Widgets library anyway and the amount of non-gui stuff is rather
limited *

* I haven't actually checked, sorry ;)

--
Daniel Vrátil | dvratil at redhat.com | dvratil on #kde-devel, #kontact, #akonadi
KDE Desktop Team

GPG Key: 0xC59D614F6F4AE348
Fingerprint: 4EC1 86E3 C54E 0B39 5FDD B5FB C59D 614F 6F4A E348