[Kde-pim] split kdepimlibs

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Thu Aug 28 09:43:43 UTC 2014

On Tuesday, 2014-08-26, 18:30:54, Daniel Vratil wrote:

> I think all the type-specific libraries (-abc, -calendar, ...) would all
> depend on the Widgets library anyway and the amount of non-gui stuff is
> rather limited *

I think it is a worthy goal to make a widget split there as well.
Some of the widgets are things like type data editors, which could be
separated such that all editing logic and data handling can be used in a C++
or QML context.
If the QML driven technology is not QtWidgets, then forcing a dependency might
not be appreciated.

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring