split kdepimlibs

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Tue Aug 26 15:29:46 UTC 2014

On Tuesday, 2014-08-26, 12:32:48, laurent Montel wrote:
> Le mardi 26 août 2014 11:50:50 Kevin Ottens a écrit :
> > On Tuesday 26 August 2014 11:20:25 laurent Montel wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > > I will split kdepimlibs as it
> > >
> > > akonadi (need to find another name because it's still used)
> > > akonadi-abc
> > > akonadi-calendar
> > > akonadi-contact
> > > akonadi-mime
> > > akonadi-notes
> > > akonadi-socialutils
> >
> > To me it sounds like some of those things could be regrouped now. What
> > about also bringing the akonadi server on board? Having a bigger akonadi
> > framework containing server (right now in kdesupport), some access libs
> > and a few default plugins would make sense (it looks like a KIO like
> > framework).
>
> Regroup as a framework as :
> akonadi-framework (better name)
>  -> src
>      -> akonadi-abc
>      -> akonadi-calendar
>      -> akonadi-contact
>      -> akonadi-mime
>      -> akonadi-notes
>      -> akonadi-socialutils
>      -> server (Dan must speak about it if he wants to move here)
>      -> plugins serializer (moved from kdepim-runtime)

We have to assume that frameworks will end up in single package dependencies,
so it would be nice to have Akonadi server separate so it remains installable
on its own.

One thing that should probably be considered is that the current libs mix non-
UI and UI stuff, so some separation in between these lines might still be
something to strive for.

> > > gpgme++
> > > kabc
> > > kalarmcal
> > > kblog
> > > kcalcore
> > > kcalutils
> >
> > This one looks like a dumping ground of random things. Maybe some of it
> > should move in other frameworks?
>
> Sergio can speak about it
>
> > > kholidays
> > > kimap
> > > kioslave
> >
> > Definitely not a framework. Are all the ioslaves in there still used? I
> > think at least some of them can be let go. The others could go in
> > kio-extras I guess.
>
> kioslave indeed not a framework. I think that just pop3 is used by kdepim
>
> yes others can move to kio-extra

Is the Akonadi IO slave in there as well?

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring