Update of the metainfo.yaml file of all the frameworks

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Wed Aug 13 21:46:37 UTC 2014

On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 3:16 AM, Denis Steckelmacher
<steckdenis at yahoo.fr> wrote:
> On 08/13/2014 02:41 PM, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
>>
>> El Dimecres, 13 d'agost de 2014, a les 14:20:58, Aleix Pol va escriure:
>>>
>>> On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 12:29 PM, Denis Steckelmacher
>>> <steckdenis at yahoo.fr>

>>> It's not correct, the name you're using is the identity.kde.org
>>> identifier,
>>> the correct solution would be to query identity.kde.org and fetch the
>>> name
>>> and e-mail from there.
>>

>> If querying identity.kde.org is too hard you can always query
>> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/kde-common/accounts?view=markup
>>
>> Cheers,
>>    Albert
>>

>>> Aleix
>>

> Nice! kapidox now downloads the list of the KDE accounts from
> websvn.kde.org, and these two fields can now be used in metainfo.yaml:

Just wondering - how often does the tool fetch a copy of this file?
WebSVN isn't really intended for accessing the content of Subversion
repositories in a frequent automated manner...
(We actually have it configured to block access if the referer isn't
set properly, to prevent people hotlinking to images through it)

> * irc: IRC channel (with the #, without "on FreeNode"), defaults to
> #kde-devel. Don't forget to put quotes around the name so that the file
> remains valid Yaml.
> * mailinglist: Mailing list name, defaults to kde-frameworks-devel. Is there
> any framework whose mailing list is not available in mail.kde.org/mailman?
>
> Denis

Thanks,
Ben