Update of the metainfo.yaml file of all the frameworks

Denis Steckelmacher steckdenis at yahoo.fr
Wed Aug 13 15:16:15 UTC 2014

On 08/13/2014 02:41 PM, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> El Dimecres, 13 d'agost de 2014, a les 14:20:58, Aleix Pol va escriure:
>> On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 12:29 PM, Denis Steckelmacher <steckdenis at yahoo.fr>
>>
>> wrote:

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> The e-mail is currently generated by appending "@kde.org" after the
>>> maintainer name. If this is not correct, you can put a full e-mail address
>>> in "maintainer" and it will be used. I don't know if "maintainer" is used
>>> somewhere else, though, so maybe having an e-mail address there is not
>>> acceptable. If it is the case, then I can update kapidox so that the
>>> "maintainer_email" key is used when present.
>>>
>>> Regarding the IRC channel and the mailing list, this information could
>>> also be added to the metainfo.yaml file of projects having specific IRC
>>> channels or mailing lists. We can discuss how the corresponding keys
>>> should
>>> be named ("mailinglist" and "irc" for instance), and whether multiple
>>> values should be possible (does a framework has several mailing lists, and
>>> are the project-specific mailing lists meant to replace
>>> kde-frameworks-devel or to be used in addition to it?)
>>>
>>> Denis
>>
>> It's not correct, the name you're using is the identity.kde.org identifier,
>> the correct solution would be to query identity.kde.org and fetch the name
>> and e-mail from there.
>
> If querying identity.kde.org is too hard you can always query
> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/kde-common/accounts?view=markup
>
> Cheers,
>    Albert
>

>> Aleix

Nice! kapidox now downloads the list of the KDE accounts from
websvn.kde.org, and these two fields can now be used in metainfo.yaml:

* irc: IRC channel (with the #, without "on FreeNode"), defaults to
#kde-devel. Don't forget to put quotes around the name so that the file
remains valid Yaml.
* mailinglist: Mailing list name, defaults to kde-frameworks-devel. Is
there any framework whose mailing list is not available in
mail.kde.org/mailman?

Denis