Kioslave repos

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 12:42:37 UTC 2014

On Thursday 10 April 2014, you wrote:
> in the second case, it's just a release blocker, and has to be enabled and
> ported, *even if* there won't be anyone maintaining it after that, it's a
> part of the workspace and needs to be released, (and yes, preferably in
> the plasma- workspace repo) if it's not yet, there will be no release
> until is ported and built.

one concrete thing that may be done is to do a (yet another) sweep of the
things that are from workspace/runtime and being move around, like was done in
the sprint, but do it in this mailinglist with more people interested
involved.

so, the central thing this time will be "is it necessary or will it cause
significant regressions"

In this way we can make sure no stuff that has still valid use case (yes, even
if all of the people working in the framework hate such component, that's
irrelevant :p) is left unported
(like a good example is the automounter, i would never use such a thing ever,
never the less that's irrelevant and is an important component of a base
workspace for too many users, no matter how buggy or unmaintained is)

--
Marco Martin