Kioslave repos

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 11:43:37 UTC 2014

On Thursday 10 April 2014, Àlex Fiestas wrote:
> > Developers being confortable with it, or even (gasp!) being actively
> > maintained goes completely secondary behind the causing as less
> > regressions as possible for the users.
>
> I guess you can leave the code there and just not add it to cmake, then we

no, even that is the same problem (i did not explain enough), ie there are two
cases:

* it's not built and ported yet, likely noone will miss it
* it's not built and ported yet, causes regressions

in the first case, it can either be just killed or is fine the micro repo if
someone steps up for maintainership

in the second case, it's just a release blocker, and has to be enabled and
ported, *even if* there won't be anyone maintaining it after that, it's a part
of the workspace and needs to be released, (and yes, preferably in the plasma-
workspace repo) if it's not yet, there will be no release until is ported and
built.

--
Marco Martin