please make it easier to hack on frameworks

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Mon May 20 13:17:49 UTC 2013

On Tuesday 14 May 2013, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Tuesday 14 May 2013, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> > Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > > Additionally we don't check in cmake that the Qt which has been found
> > > is good enough.
> > > We make use of the new INTERFACE_INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES target property,
> > > but have no checks that the Qt which has been found provides those
> > > already.
> > >
> > > The obvious way would be by requiring some specific minimum version
> > > number of Qt.
> > > Stephen, is this possible ?
> >
> > I've bumped the required Qt version to 5.2.0, which is what the dev
> > branch happens to identify itself as currently.
>
> Thanks :-)

Back again...

After having completely refreshed my Qt5 a few days ago, today I tried to
build kdelibs against it.

CMake now complains that my Qt is too old, still 5.1 while 5.2 is required
now.
Good so far, just bad luck for me that I updated Qt apparently just a little
bit too early.

So, back here:
http://community.kde.org/Frameworks/Building
and do "git pull" as recommended:
~/src/qt5$ git pull
Current branch stable is up to date.
~/src/qt5$

Hmm, wrong branch ?
I checked out "stable" branch, as the wiki page recommended from May 12th to
May 20th, because "init-repository script is broken in the dev branch".

I don't want to mess up my qt clone again.

So, do I simply do "git checkout dev", and that's it, also for all submodules
?

Alex