Oxygen + KF5 + Qt5

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Thu Jul 11 10:33:25 UTC 2013

hi Hugo,

On Thursday, July 11, 2013 10:52:02 Hugo Pereira Da Costa wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
> lately I've been working (so far in a local branch) on porting oxygen to
> KF5/Qt5
> Good news is: this is pretty much done
> (http://wstaw.org/m/2013/07/11/plasma-desktopJw2526.png)
> except for a few glitches (see below).

Awesome. :)

> Right now, there is only one place where oxygen still depends on
> libkdeui, and it is when using kcolorbutton for configuring the shadow
> button. All the rest is KF5 only.
>
> Questions:
> - is frameworks-crash the right kde-workspace branch to push it ?

frameworks-scratch, yes. :)

> - how should the commits be organized ? is one fat 'initial' push ok ?
> My own working on this has been: "disable this feature untill I get the
> rest working, then reenable and fix it" so that I do not think this kind
> of history is interesting ...

I don't have a strong preference for that. Whatever makes you feel better.
(I've been doing small commits to that branch.)

> - is there some reviewing needed ? To be honest, I'd be grateful if
> someone could give a quick look at my CMakeLists.txt, cause I might not
> have gotten everything right.

If we can find someone to review, that would certainly be nice. Otherwise,
starting to use it is probably also a good idea to catch bugs.

> The issues/features:
> - I have only ported kde-workspace/libs/oxygen and
> kde-workspace/kstyle/oxygen
> - the code that pass menu shadows (in the form of pixmap handles as X
> properties) to kwin has been disabled because: I do not know how to
> paint on an X11 pixmap with Qt5, and anyway this will likely be
> rewritten in kwin
> - there is a slight glitch with the grab window from empty areas
> feature, in the sense that after a grab, the next mouse press event is
> ignored (still needs investigating).
> - I'm uncertain about some of the options which have become obsoleted
> from KGlobalSettings (and are said to be set via the style), and notably
> where to read the settings from. In any case, that's no big deal and
> I'll investigate further.

These need someone else to reply.

Cheers and thanks,
--