Oxygen + KF5 + Qt5

Hugo Pereira Da Costa hugo at oxygen-icons.org
Thu Jul 11 08:52:02 UTC 2013

Hi Everyone,
lately I've been working (so far in a local branch) on porting oxygen to
KF5/Qt5
Good news is: this is pretty much done
(http://wstaw.org/m/2013/07/11/plasma-desktopJw2526.png)
except for a few glitches (see below).

Right now, there is only one place where oxygen still depends on
libkdeui, and it is when using kcolorbutton for configuring the shadow
button. All the rest is KF5 only.

Questions:
- is frameworks-crash the right kde-workspace branch to push it ?
- how should the commits be organized ? is one fat 'initial' push ok ?
My own working on this has been: "disable this feature untill I get the
rest working, then reenable and fix it" so that I do not think this kind
of history is interesting ...
- is there some reviewing needed ? To be honest, I'd be grateful if
someone could give a quick look at my CMakeLists.txt, cause I might not
have gotten everything right.

The issues/features:
- I have only ported kde-workspace/libs/oxygen and
kde-workspace/kstyle/oxygen
- the code that pass menu shadows (in the form of pixmap handles as X
properties) to kwin has been disabled because: I do not know how to
paint on an X11 pixmap with Qt5, and anyway this will likely be
rewritten in kwin
- there is a slight glitch with the grab window from empty areas
feature, in the sense that after a grab, the next mouse press event is
ignored (still needs investigating).
- I'm uncertain about some of the options which have become obsoleted
from KGlobalSettings (and are said to be set via the style), and notably
where to read the settings from. In any case, that's no big deal and
I'll investigate further.

Best,

Hugo