KIO progress towards tier 1 framework?

Chusslove Illich caslav.ilic at gmx.net
Tue Jul 2 20:06:20 UTC 2013

> [: Kevin Ottens :]
> Note that apparently there's no interest from the maintainer in making
> ki18n tier1 (ktranscript plugin being part of it and depending on kjs)...
> Which would make KIO tier3. You might want either to discuss with
> Chusslove or consider using tr() I'm afraid.

In the case of JavaScript interpreter, ki18n can either depend on QtScript
or on KJS; either way that is one dependency extra, and I'd rather stick
with KJS. This is because I don't like the drama with JavaScript engines, in
which Qt must participate, while KJS can remain its "boring self".
I consider this outweighing the advantage of a tier 1 label.

Then, ki18n should also begin to depend on a locale and on a config
provider, and to me it is still unclear which these will be.

--
Chusslove Illich (Часлав Илић)