KIO progress towards tier 1 framework?

Kevin Ottens ervin+bluesystems at kde.org
Tue Jul 2 12:10:05 UTC 2013

On Tuesday 02 July 2013 14:06:37 David Faure wrote:
> KIO can't be tier1 though: kio core depends on kcoreaddons (for KJob), on
> KConfig and on ki18n.
>   (and on kservice for some strange default-user-agent feature, maybe we can
> change that)
>
> That makes it tier2 if we can remove the kservice dependency.
> I think tier2 is not too bad, though.

Note that apparently there's no interest from the maintainer in making ki18n
tier1 (ktranscript plugin being part of it and depending on kjs)... Which
would make KIO tier3. You might want either to discuss with Chusslove or
consider using tr() I'm afraid.

Regards.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net