Qt5 is required

Jon Severinsson jon at severinsson.net
Sat Jan 19 14:07:50 UTC 2013

lördagen den 19 januari 2013 13:36:37 skrev  David Faure:
> Dear KDE Frameworks hackers,
>
> It's time to drop the Qt4 compatibility, in order to use the new things
> from Qt 5 which we need to continue simplifying dependencies between
> frameworks.

A follow up question: What should we do with kde3support?

In it's current form it won't build on Qt5, as it depends on the Qt3Support
module that was removed in Qt5.  However, some parts of it does not, and could
be salvaged.  I'm not sure that is worth the effort though, as it has been
deprecated for over five years by now.  On the other hand, debian testing (KDE
4.8 etc.) still shows 36 packages still requiring it, so that deprecation
notice has obviously not been taken all too seriously.

/ Jonno