Let's get in release mode!

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Tue Dec 17 08:40:48 UTC 2013

On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 9:37 PM, David Faure <faure at kde.org> wrote:

> On Tuesday 17 December 2013 14:10:56 Ben Cooksley wrote:
> > I do have some reservations as to the name of quite a few of those
> > repositories however as they are very generic - and thus tread on common
> > namespace. Suggestions are welcome.
>
> In case anyone wonders, here's the full list of frameworks:
>
> apidox                kauth        kconfigwidgets  kded        kf5umbrella
> kiconthemes    kjs             kparts       ktextwidgets     sonnet
> dnssd                 kbookmarks   kcoreaddons     kdesu
> kfileaudiopreview  kidletime      kjsembed        kplotting
>  kunitconversion
> threadweaver
> frameworkintegration  kcmutils     kcrash          kdewebkit   kglobalaccel
> kimageformats  kmediaplayer    kprintutils  kwallet          xmlgui
> itemmodels            kcodecs      kdbusaddons     kdewidgets  kguiaddons
> kinit          knewstuff       kpty         kwidgetsaddons
> itemviews             kcompletion  kde4support     kdoctools   khtml
> kio            knotifications  kross        kwindowsystem
> karchive              kconfig      kdeclarative    kemoticons  ki18n
> kjobwidgets    knotifyconfig   kservice     solid
>
> > There is one exception to the above naming scheme, KWallet - as the
> > "kwallet" repository already exists it has been called
> "kwallet-framework"
> > instead.
>
> We should probably merge these two repos together....

I see. The current KWallet repository exists as part of kdeutils, so that
will be a little difficult in the interim.

> > Also, the following frameworks could not be pushed due to audit (EOL)
> > failures, something which shouldn't exist in final code:
> > - kde4support
> > - kdoctools
> > - kjsembed
>
> What's the plan? Shall I include support for fixing that in the splitting
> script, and we re-run it for these?

That would be a good idea, alternately one could fix it in commits made to
kdelibs prior to the split. Either would work I imagine, depends on what
makes it easier for the Git graft I guess.

> > Everything else went fine as far as I can tell, although it wasn't
> possible
> > to see if the astyle tools ran or not.
>
> It didn't. Can I run it and push to the frameworks repos?

I've granted you force push powers to the frameworks repos. The commit
notification hooks should still be off for them.

> --
> David Faure, faure at kde.org, http://www.davidfaure.fr
> Working on KDE, in particular KDE Frameworks 5

Thanks,
Ben