Let's get in release mode!

David Faure faure at kde.org
Tue Dec 17 08:37:40 UTC 2013

On Tuesday 17 December 2013 14:10:56 Ben Cooksley wrote:
> I do have some reservations as to the name of quite a few of those
> repositories however as they are very generic - and thus tread on common
> namespace. Suggestions are welcome.

In case anyone wonders, here's the full list of frameworks:

apidox                kauth        kconfigwidgets  kded        kf5umbrella
kiconthemes    kjs             kparts       ktextwidgets     sonnet
dnssd                 kbookmarks   kcoreaddons     kdesu
kfileaudiopreview  kidletime      kjsembed        kplotting    kunitconversion
threadweaver
frameworkintegration  kcmutils     kcrash          kdewebkit   kglobalaccel
kimageformats  kmediaplayer    kprintutils  kwallet          xmlgui
itemmodels            kcodecs      kdbusaddons     kdewidgets  kguiaddons
kinit          knewstuff       kpty         kwidgetsaddons
itemviews             kcompletion  kde4support     kdoctools   khtml
kio            knotifications  kross        kwindowsystem
karchive              kconfig      kdeclarative    kemoticons  ki18n
kjobwidgets    knotifyconfig   kservice     solid

> There is one exception to the above naming scheme, KWallet - as the
> "kwallet" repository already exists it has been called "kwallet-framework"
> instead.

We should probably merge these two repos together....

> Also, the following frameworks could not be pushed due to audit (EOL)
> failures, something which shouldn't exist in final code:
> - kde4support
> - kdoctools
> - kjsembed

What's the plan? Shall I include support for fixing that in the splitting
script, and we re-run it for these?

> Everything else went fine as far as I can tell, although it wasn't possible
> to see if the astyle tools ran or not.

It didn't. Can I run it and push to the frameworks repos?