Let's get in release mode!

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Tue Dec 17 01:10:56 UTC 2013

On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 1:04 PM, Ben Cooksley <bcooksley at kde.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 10:18 AM, Kevin Ottens <ervin at kde.org> wrote:

>> thanks
>> release:

>> everyone
>> hand
>> >
>> > I'd like to rename the makekdewidgets executable to something like
>> > kgendesignerplugin, to be more descriptive; this should be SC providing
>> > we keep the old CMake variables around, but should probably still happen
>> > before the TP, I guess?
>>
>> Can happen either before or after IMO. You can go ahead with it (as it
>> looks
>> small enough) if you manage to produce the change before Ben starts
>> splitting
>> the repositories. :-)
>>

> I have now begun the process of splitting the repositories out.
> kdelibs[frameworks] has now been frozen for pushes for all except myself,
> ervin and dfaure to allow for any last minute changes if absolutely
> necessary.
>
> More news on the testing repositories will follow soon.

The repositories have now been created and pushed, with a few exceptions.
They can be found at https://projects.kde.org/projects/frameworks, and are
available under their respective framework name at git at git.kde.org:<framework
name>

I do have some reservations as to the name of quite a few of those
repositories however as they are very generic - and thus tread on common
namespace. Suggestions are welcome.

There is one exception to the above naming scheme, KWallet - as the
"kwallet" repository already exists it has been called "kwallet-framework"
instead.

Also, the following frameworks could not be pushed due to audit (EOL)
failures, something which shouldn't exist in final code:
- kde4support
- kdoctools
- kjsembed

Everything else went fine as far as I can tell, although it wasn't possible
to see if the astyle tools ran or not.

>> Regards.
>> --
>> Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net