[Important] Breaking change - Changing framworks lib and package names

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 13:43:02 UTC 2013

On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 11:20 PM, Martin Klapetek <martin.klapetek at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Some frameworks were not renamed, mostly due to estabilshed branding and
> extensive usage of that brand/name through all of KDE code, these include:
>
>  * KIO
>  * KDED
>  * KCMUtils
>  * Kross
>  * KDEWidgets
>  * whole tier4 (KHtml, KFileAudioPreview etc).

UPDATE: After some considerations, we changed even these^ to have KF5
prefix (but keeping the leading K) - for two reasons - consistency and
enabling find_package(KF5 ... KDE4Support KHtml) calls. So those above are
now:

 * KF5KIO
 * KDED**
 * KF5KCMUtils
 * KF5Kross
 * KDEWidgets***
 * KF5KHtml
 * KF5KDE4Support

All the changes now live in kde:clones/kdelibs/mklapetek/kdelibs --branch
lib_prefix - this is the branch that I will merge to frameworks.

Kevin, David, others, ok with you?

**) KDED is actually not a framework in a sense, I'd like to propose to
move it to runtime later on
***) These are the Qt Designer widgets, no need to tinker with it at all

Cheers
--
Martin Klapetek | KDE Developer