[Important] Breaking change - Changing framworks lib and package names

Alex Merry kde at randomguy3.me.uk
Wed Dec 11 14:12:38 UTC 2013

On 11/12/13 13:43, Martin Klapetek wrote:
>  * KF5KIO
>  * KDED**
>  * KF5KCMUtils
>  * KF5Kross
>  * KDEWidgets***
>  * KF5KHtml
>  * KF5KDE4Support
>
> All the changes now live in kde:clones/kdelibs/mklapetek/kdelibs
> --branch lib_prefix - this is the branch that I will merge to frameworks.
>
> Kevin, David, others, ok with you?
>
> **) KDED is actually not a framework in a sense, I'd like to propose to
> move it to runtime later on

Well, as I understand it, we're not really planning to have a "runtime"
module at all.  It could potentially be viewed as a more "tier4" sort of
framework, given how geared it is to the workspaces.

> ***) These are the Qt Designer widgets, no need to tinker with it at all

I like Kevin's suggestion in an earlier thread[0] to rename kdewidgets
to kf5designerplugin.

Alex

[0]:
http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-frameworks-devel/2013-December/008528.html