DBusMenuQt5 cmake foo

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sat Aug 31 07:45:13 UTC 2013

On Saturday 31 August 2013 02:51:09 Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> So I've tried both alternative, changing both calls to either DBusMenuQt or
> DBusMenuQt5, but neither of them works, both break over the package not
> being found, but required.
> I've looked for a *Config.cmake file (as suggested), none on my system. The
> libdbusmenu-qt repo doesn't install any cmake files, and the kde-workspace
> repo doesn't have it, either. Where should this file come from?

Right, there isn't one.
This is the typical confusing cmake error message: it's looking for FindFoo and if there isn't one, it's looking for FooConfig.cmake, and when it fails, it tells you it can't find a FooConfig.cmake. But here the actually issue is the missing FindFoo.

> There is a FindDBusMenuQt5.cmake kdelibs/staging/knotifications/cmake which
> I've tried putting into the module path of the kde-workspace repository.

Yep, that's the short term fix (hack).

> It's found there, but it only sets ${DBusMenuQt5_INCLUDE_DIRS} var.
> ${DBusMenuQt5_LIBRARIES} is set to something-NOTFOUND, and I can't link
> against it. It also doesn't work for me for knotifications (but it's
> optional there).

It works for me in knotifications.
My kdelibs-frameworks CMakeCache.txt says
CMakeCache.txt:DBusMenuQt5_INCLUDE_DIR:PATH=/d/kde/inst/kde_frameworks/include/dbusmenu-qt5
CMakeCache.txt:DBusMenuQt5_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=/d/kde/inst/kde_frameworks/lib64/libdbusmenu-qt5.so
so clearly it was found. Via pkgconfig, probably, since I also see stuff like
PC_DBusMenuQt5_LDFLAGS:INTERNAL=-L/d/kde/inst/kde_frameworks/lib;-ldbusmenu-qt5

Maybe you didn't set PKG_CONFIG_PATH properly?
Mine has /d/kde/inst/kde_frameworks/lib64/pkgconfig, where dbusmenu-qt5.pc is present.

> * Does this actually work for anybody, in that case, what's wrong with my
> system?

See above.

> * From what I've learned from other modules, libdbusmenu-qt should bring its
> own *Config.cmake file.

Yes, that would be the ideal solution. Are you up to making a merge request for it?

> Or should this go into e-c-m or be locally included
> in kde-workspace?

No, that would make no sense.

> * I guess the naming should be streamlined as well (the 5 missing)?

Where? I see a 5 everywhere (except in the broken kde-workspace set_package_properties,
so if that's what you mean, yes, of course)

> * The library naming is also messed up, not working here. What to do?

What's messed up?