Smart D-Ptr in KCoreAddons

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic at kde.org
Fri Aug 23 14:37:56 UTC 2013

> The few cases where I have needed d-ptr hierachies, I didn't know about
> it in advance but was happy than I could extend my classes without having
> to use a different smartpointer (with possibly a different size).

Exactly. The *few* cases.

Most of our higher-level code do not use and do not need d-ptr hierarchies.

So far, I've had at least 5 people wishing to be able to use this (even had a
wish to push it into Qt, which I think would be an over-stretch). The code
will have users at least in plasma, kwin and kactivities.

Ch

--
Science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom.
  -- Isaac Asimov