Smart D-Ptr in KCoreAddons

Sune Vuorela nospam at vuorela.dk
Fri Aug 23 12:08:37 UTC 2013

On 2013-08-23, Ivan Čukić <ivan.cukic at kde.org> wrote:
>> oh. and I think it also looks a bit like your d-ptr gets in the way when
>> you need a d-ptr hierachy.
>
> As I said, this is for non-inherited privates.

That alone is  -  I think  -  a reason to not have it.

The few cases where I have needed d-ptr hierachies, I didn't know about
it in advance but was happy than I could extend my classes without having
to use a different smartpointer (with possibly a different size).

We shouldn't make our tools so convenient that they end up being in our
way.

/Sune