kde_file.h vs POSIX headers vs qplatformdefs.h

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 15:47:07 UTC 2013

On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 4:56 PM, Aurélien Gâteau <agateau at kde.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I started working on a kdelibs cleanup task:
>
> "Make use of qplatformdefs.h definitions instead of using the POSIX
> versions
> directly. Partly revert that commit, that would port to QFile::Permissions:
> b03e81a61311ae1b64b0d37415477f9c08fe6142"
>
> I have a few questions however:
>
> 1. I am not exactly sure what "partly revert that commit" means.
>
> 2. I filed a first request replacing all calls to fopen() and *stat() with
> their qplatformdefs.h equivalents (QT_FOPEN and QT_*STAT) [1]. I am worried
> however that this effort is going to conflict with the "port away from
> kde_file.h" tasks. Should this task be merged with the kde_file.h tasks
> instead? And should we ensure ports from kde_file.h uses the qplatformdefs
> functions instead of the POSIX ones?

I think we can leave them separate as long as people doing/reviewing them
make sure the things from qplatformdefs.h are used (also they explicitely
say"to QFile and/or Qt equivalents of kde_file.h calls"). Fwiw in all the
kde_file.h tasks I did I used the Qt equivalents from qplatformdefs.h
(except file_unix.cpp, which is, well, unix only).

Cheers
--
Martin Klapetek | KDE Developer