kde_file.h vs POSIX headers vs qplatformdefs.h

Aurélien Gâteau agateau at kde.org
Thu Aug 8 14:56:23 UTC 2013

Hi,

I started working on a kdelibs cleanup task:

"Make use of qplatformdefs.h definitions instead of using the POSIX versions
directly. Partly revert that commit, that would port to QFile::Permissions:
b03e81a61311ae1b64b0d37415477f9c08fe6142"

I have a few questions however:

1. I am not exactly sure what "partly revert that commit" means.

2. I filed a first request replacing all calls to fopen() and *stat() with
their qplatformdefs.h equivalents (QT_FOPEN and QT_*STAT) [1]. I am worried
however that this effort is going to conflict with the "port away from
kde_file.h" tasks. Should this task be merged with the kde_file.h tasks
instead? And should we ensure ports from kde_file.h uses the qplatformdefs
functions instead of the POSIX ones?

Aurélien

[1]: http://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/111943/