kcoreaddons doesn't compile standalone ?

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Mon May 14 20:36:51 UTC 2012

On Monday 14 May 2012, Kevin Ottens wrote:
> On Monday 14 May 2012 21:22:25 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > If our goal is to ship "normal" libraries, we partly go against this if
> > another meta-build system is necessary to use them.
>
> Note I never said "necessary"... It's not "necessary" to use kdesrc-build
> or the like[*] as a third party, but it's also a nice option if you want
> to.
>
> Option which I bring because you're complaining about "meh too much
> dependencies to deal with".

Please note that it was not me, but David who mentioned the "lots of manual
setup" without the help of kdesrc-build.
Also, it was not me who said a separate automoc package is too much
dependencies, this was brought to me from users (developers).
I just wanted to bring to attention that this will be the normal case for at
least some group of 3rd party developers.

Alex