Removing nepomuk from the frameworks branch?

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Wed Feb 1 12:01:36 UTC 2012

On Wednesday 01 February 2012 12:35:55 Stephen Kelly wrote:
> Kevin Ottens wrote:
> > On Tuesday 31 January 2012 23:35:37 Stephen Kelly wrote:
> >> As Nepomuk is already in a repo (several repos?) of its own, any commits
> >> in the frameworks branch for nepomuk are not going to end up in a
> >> release.
> >>
> >> Should we just remove nepomuk from the frameworks branch?
> >
> > Just discussed Nepomuk and KDE Frameworks with Sebastian yesterday by
> > email. My advise was to leave it outside of the picture for now as it is
>
> What do you mean 'out of the picture'? You mean not remove it from the
> branch?

No I meant the current splitting effort can completely ignore Nepomuk planning
wise since it is de facto already splitted.

> > already splitted anyway, we'll deal with it when we tackle things like
> > phonon, kdepimlibs and such... Still quite in the future then. :-)
> >
> > But I thought nepomuk was already removed from the build? So what would be
> > the advantage of removing the code from the branch?
>
> Nope, it still seems to be in the build.

OK, dunno why I assumed you already removed it from the build a while ago.

> > Let me be clear, I'm not against removing it from the branch, I'm just
> > wondering what bothers you with it (I'm curious like that).
>
> When something needs to be done 'globally', it shows up in git grep, and is
> affected by scripts etc. So I'm making patches to it now that will not make
> it into the proper nepomuk repo.
>
> Additionally, clearing it out now means something we don't need to clear out
> of the CMakeLists later and gives us a clearer idea of what still needs to
> be done. It has its own config file at top level etc.
>
> I do also want to move Phonon stuff out sooner than later.

I see. Well it has the "go" from my POV. Is anyone against? Speak now or
never. :-)

Regards.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net