Removing nepomuk from the frameworks branch?

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 11:35:55 UTC 2012

Kevin Ottens wrote:

> On Tuesday 31 January 2012 23:35:37 Stephen Kelly wrote:
>> As Nepomuk is already in a repo (several repos?) of its own, any commits
>> in the frameworks branch for nepomuk are not going to end up in a
>> release.
>>
>> Should we just remove nepomuk from the frameworks branch?
>
> Just discussed Nepomuk and KDE Frameworks with Sebastian yesterday by
> email. My advise was to leave it outside of the picture for now as it is

What do you mean 'out of the picture'? You mean not remove it from the
branch?

> already splitted anyway, we'll deal with it when we tackle things like
> phonon, kdepimlibs and such... Still quite in the future then. :-)
>
> But I thought nepomuk was already removed from the build? So what would be
> the advantage of removing the code from the branch?

Nope, it still seems to be in the build.

> Let me be clear, I'm not against removing it from the branch, I'm just
> wondering what bothers you with it (I'm curious like that).

When something needs to be done 'globally', it shows up in git grep, and is
affected by scripts etc. So I'm making patches to it now that will not make
it into the proper nepomuk repo.

Additionally, clearing it out now means something we don't need to clear out
of the CMakeLists later and gives us a clearer idea of what still needs to
be done. It has its own config file at top level etc.

I do also want to move Phonon stuff out sooner than later.

Thanks,

Steve.