version # in frameworks

Mario Fux kde-ml at unormal.org
Mon Dec 5 14:00:17 UTC 2011

Am Sonntag 04 Dezember 2011, 23.53:14 schrieb Aaron J. Seigo:
> hi..

Morning

> currently in the top level CMakeLists.txt file in frameworks we have this:

I've now idea if this is complete bullshit and not necessary at all but I dare
to mention it nonetheless...

> set (KDE_VERSION_MAJOR 4)
> set (KDE_VERSION_MINOR 7)
> set (KDE_VERSION_RELEASE 40)
> set (KDE_VERSION "${KDE_VERSION_MAJOR}.${KDE_VERSION_MINOR}.
> ${KDE_VERSION_RELEASE}" )
> set (KDE_VERSION_STRING "${KDE_VERSION} (4.7.40 (KDE 4.8 >= 20110623)")
>
> this should be bumped imho to reflect that this is the "5.0" version.
> should we do the usual "4.90"?

As there is no KDE (as in software, but as in community) which can be released
(or versioned) and as we want to underline this fact more and more shouldn't
we change this variables?

Or is it too much work for too less value?

Just my 2 Rappen
Mario