KF5 current status

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Sun Dec 4 14:35:33 UTC 2011

On Saturday 03 December 2011 21:59:20 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Saturday 03 December 2011, Kevin Ottens wrote:
> > Obviously it would be ++awesome if there's a slight chance to have that
> > page ready before tomorrow's IRC meeting (of course if you prefer
> > enjoying your week-end I totally understand). ;-)
>
> Hmm, I don't think I'll be able to do that before tomorrow evening.

No worries, as I said it'd be ++awesome, but if you do it later no problem. It
just need to be done to give more visibility to the community, but next week
is fine as well.

> > > It would be nice if we could get Windows and OSX developers more
> > > actively involved with KF5.
> >
> > Very good point. I think now would be indeed the right time to reach out
> > to them. Alex, is it something you could tackle?
>
> I would hope that somebody else has better connections...
>
> > I'd guess they have strong ties to the buildsystem area.
>
> Unfortunately not.
> I haven't heard from any OSX KDE developers for quite some time.
> Our Windows developers (aka Patrick and Ralf) are also quite busy with other
> stuff.

OK, I put that on my TODO list then, I'll see if we can create some bridge,
thanks for letting us know about the situation.

Regards.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net