[Kde-finance-apps] Re: Charts framework

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sat May 21 18:45:52 CEST 2011

Hi,

on Saturday 21 May 2011 17:52:03 Alvaro Soliverez wrote:

> Hello,
> as you may recall, in KMyMoney we use KDChart for drawing our report
> charts. For some time now, they've promised to do a release, but they
> still haven't fulfilled that promise and the source is still behind closed
> doors. We only get access to tarballs via FTP.
>
> I'd very much like to use the same as KOffice and Calligra, but this
> situation is not ideal and I don't feel comfortable with it.
>
> Since all our applications need charts, I think we could find an
> alternative that fits all of us. An alternative that is more open and
> accessible than the one we have now.

+1

I pulled the source from Calligra (which is still the KDChart stuff) but newer
than ours (except we have a fix that they don't - so what).

I am all for using something generic and stable among all the finance apps.
What are you using in Skrooge? Are you happy with it?  On the KMyMoney list I
pointed to http://www.jqplot.com/ which looks like a nice alternative (but I
have not tried it).

Thomas Baumgart

'Either toss the Windows out of your computer,
 or toss your computer out the window!' -- Richard Stallman