[Kde-finance-apps] Date Format Variations in KmyMoney

Josef Tupag joseftupag at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 09:55:22 CEST 2010

I am evaluating two Linux Operating systems (Dual Boot) at the moment, Linux
Mint 6 and OpenSUSE 11.1 both using KDE 4
Amonsst other things I am running a Financial Software Package called
KmyMoney Version 0.9...........on both systems.
My Region is the UNITED KINGDOM..
In Linux Mint 6 my Ledger Date Format in KmyMoney 0.9 is CORRECT,
dd/mm/yyyy.
In OpenSUSE 11.1 my Ledger Date Format in KmyMoney 0.9 is INCORRECT
yyyy/mm/dd.
Both O/S's have been configured correctly to reflect the correct Region,
Currency and Date Format in the KDE Configuration Setup which I feel must be
virtually identical in BOTH Linux Mint and OpenSUSE operating systems.
No matter what I try in OpenSUSE, I cannot get the correct Date Format
(dd/mm/yyyy European) to work in KmyMoney 0.9 with KDE 4
Why does the Date Format display so differently in KmyMoney when installed
in two "identical" KDE packages but in different operating systems ??
Thanks for any help or suggestions