[Kde-extra-gear] add_definitions in common CMakeLists.txt

Ian Monroe ian at monroe.nu
Thu Jul 3 18:19:09 CEST 2008

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 10:59 AM, Thiago Macieira <thiago at kde.org> wrote:
> Ian Monroe wrote:
>>So is it OK If I remove this line from multimedia/CMakeLists.txt:
>>add_definitions (${QT_DEFINITIONS} ${KDE4_DEFINITIONS})
>>
>>I'll make sure that the module still compiles.
>
> That's not exactly a good idea. If you remove that line, you don't get the
> debug/release setting, for instance. (It's controlled by a #define)

The idea is that each application in extragear/multimedia can add it
in its own CMakeLists.txt file. There's little reason for
multimedia/CMakeLIsts.txt (IMO), but there's really no reason for it
to force defines on all parts of all the applications in
extragear/multimedia.

> Those above should be safe. Can you tell us what the issues are? We should
> address each one individually.

The QtScript generator uses Qt's STL functions. It's probably possible
to use reset the definitons and such, but such hacks aren't really
needed; multimedia/CMakeLists.txt just shouldn't add the defines to
begin with.

> Also, you can have the same effect by moving the add_directory above the
> add_definitions.

That's impossible. We like that Amarok can be compiled independently
without extragear/multimedia. Let's us all avoid svn co -N checkouts
and such.

Ian