[Kde-extra-gear] Farewell, so long, the four is coming ...

Sebastian Trüg trueg at k3b.org
Thu Apr 19 10:42:02 CEST 2007

On Wednesday 18 April 2007 14:24:54 Helio Chissini de Castro wrote:
> Ok
>
> Let's put some deadline and that's will be the final decision.
> I'm opening trunk of kde extragear to KDE 4 in exclusively state on day
> after finish the official freeze of kdelibs. No discussion on this. Someone
> needs take a position, and following a quote of one of commit of dfaure's
> "things becoming confused on extragear."
> So i'm taking position now.

good for you. :)

> During this time, i planned a cleanup in applications as well, so i'll be
> moving all current trunk for branches/extragear/kde3 and will let on trunk
> only the apps effectively maintained, and new one's waiting to enter on kde
> 4 life.

In case of K3b I think it would be ok to move trunk to kde3, but please let me
do that. After 1.1 I will start the KDE4 port and, thus, move back to trunk.
Sounds good?

> What i need from you all you keg application developers:
>
> - Is there some special request, non related to your apps only, but for
> whole module ?
>
> - What kind of information you would like to see in extragear docs to help
> you on the transition ( i.e. how to handle move on svn, new buildsystem,
> etc..  )
>
> - What kind of information you would like to see in extragear docs, if you
> are a newcomer on extragear module.
>
> - Should we commit ourselves to the ( not well ) implementated idea of
> STABLE tags ? I, and suspect Aseigo, want that as a "yes", since we still
> plan to launch apps packages. And how we will package this apps ? By app or
> by module ?

I am already using the stable tag branch for K3b but not the tag. I don't like
the idea of an extragear package. K3b should only be released by me, please.

> Well, that's it for now. If i forgot something, please remind me soon,
> since Oslo meeting and kdelibs freeze is coming right next door
>
> Thanks for you all.

thanks for your work.