[Kde-extra-gear] License change: trunk/extragear/security/pwmanager/pwmanager/libpwmanager

Michael Buesch mbuesch at freenet.de
Thu May 12 23:12:41 CEST 2005

Hi,

I am going to change the license of the
trunk/extragear/security/pwmanager/pwmanager/libpwmanager
library from GPL v2 to LGPL v2.1.

The only pure GPL code there, which is not copyrighted by
me, is the base64 code (two functions):
void Base64::encode(QByteArray *to, const QByteArray &from)
void Base64::decode(QByteArray *to, const QByteArray &from)

They are derived from QT4 and I'll replace them by LGPL code.

So basically I see no problem with a license change, after
the Base64 code has been replaced.

***
*** Important:
***

If somebody on earth claims copyright on some piece of
code in trunk/extragear/security/pwmanager/pwmanager/libpwmanager
and does not agree with a license change from GPL v2 to LGPL v2.1,
please shout NOW.

We'll either find a solution, or I'll remove the code. But as I
wrote all code there by myself, except some already LGPLed code and
the Base64 code, I think hardly anybody will come and disagree
with the license change. ;)

--
Greetings, Michael