[Kde-extra-gear] K3b 0.12beta1 released

Sebastian Trueg trueg at k3b.org
Thu May 12 09:45:45 CEST 2005

Hello everybody,

It's been a long time since the last major K3b release and not everything I
wanted to do is done yet. But I think it's time to present something new. So
I decided K3b 0.12 is ready in terms of features. Since I did no extensive
testing yet and I changed a lot internally I start with a beta version hoping
that you will help me to find the problems and bugs before the final 0.12
release.
Please be aware that this is an unstable K3b release and may contain really
stupid bugs!
If you want to help and test stuff please compile K3b 0.12beta1 with
--enable-debug=full so we get proper information in case it crashes.

I will not present a list of changes yet. There will be a big announcement for
the final 0.12 release.

K3b 0.12 is based on KDE 3.2 and will not compile with older versions anymore.

TO PACKAGERS:
Since this is a testing release and not intended for everybody's daily work I
will not put links to binary packages on www.k3b.org. But if you create
packages please enable full debugging information as mentioned above.

TO TRANSLATORS:
Although K3b 0.12beta1 is complete regarding the features and I don't intend
to add new strings I don't start the actual string freeze yet since there
might still be ugly grammatical errors that need to be resolved. There will
be an actual string freeze before the final 0.12 release. That does not mean
you cannot start translating ;)
Also starting with K3b 0.12 I will branch the translations so you can work on
them after the 0.12 release for a 0.12.x update.

Well, that's all for now. I hope you like it and we will be able to make K3b
0.12 a stable and useful release.

Have fun and get the release from http://www.k3b.org as always.

Sebastian