[Kde-extra-gear] Cleanup about to start - steps for future

Helio Chissini de Castro helio at kde.org
Wed Oct 13 16:58:32 CEST 2004

Em Qua 13 Out 2004 11:40, Jeroen Wijnhout escreveu:
> Did everybody approve the change already? I'm not decided yet, mostly
> because it is not sure if subversion is the tool to use. I'm not an expert
> at all on such matters.
That's why i will present a plan. I think in two weeks who not decided yet
against or pro are subject to accept the decision of majority.
Regarding the tool, subversion is at this moment the whole idea for upgrade
tool.
I know there's a lot of people that want's profile another candidates, like
Arch, but if you see the whole size of core-devel discussion you will see
that svn is the most mature tool with acomplish our needs with CVS
compatibility tools now and have a lot of users already using ( including me,
heavily on our company for two years at least ). so that's why Subversion is
the decision.

> Anyway, if there will be a switch (I don't want to be a party spoiler), I
> would like to request anoncvs for Kile as well (why not for the whole of
> KEG?).
This will be on plan, the whole idea is make all basic services available for
all keg, and i count anoncvs as a basic service.

[]'s

--
Helio Chissini de Castro
KDE Project South America Primary Contact