[Kde-extra-gear] Cleanup about to start - steps for future

Jeroen Wijnhout Jeroen.Wijnhout at kdemail.net
Thu Oct 14 10:16:24 CEST 2004

On Wednesday 13 October 2004 16:58, Helio Chissini de Castro wrote:
> Em Qua 13 Out 2004 11:40, Jeroen Wijnhout escreveu:
> > Did everybody approve the change already? I'm not decided yet, mostly
> > because it is not sure if subversion is the tool to use. I'm not an
> > expert at all on such matters.
>
> That's why i will present a plan. I think in two weeks who not decided yet
> against or pro are subject to accept the decision of majority.
> Regarding the tool, subversion is at this moment the whole idea for upgrade
> tool.
> I know there's a lot of people that want's profile another candidates, like
> Arch, but if you see the whole size of core-devel discussion you will see
> that svn is the most mature tool with acomplish our needs with CVS
> compatibility tools now and have a lot of users already using ( including
> me, heavily on our company for two years at least ). so that's why
> Subversion is the decision.

I will gladly accept the decision of people who know what they are talking
about. It seems that everybody does agree about the fact that Subversion is
better than CVS.

I've spoken to my fellow developers and they have no problem with Subversion.
So you can add Kile to the list of Subversion supporters!

> > Anyway, if there will be a switch (I don't want to be a party spoiler), I
> > would like to request anoncvs for Kile as well (why not for the whole of
> > KEG?).
>
> This will be on plan, the whole idea is make all basic services available
> for all keg, and i count anoncvs as a basic service.

Ok, very good.

best,
Jeroen
--
Kile - an Integrated LaTeX Environment for KDE
http://kile.sourceforge.net