[Kde-extra-gear] cvsExtract.sh

Klas Kalass klas.kalass at gmx.de
Wed Feb 11 22:44:19 CET 2004

Am Samstag, 07. Februar 2004 11:45 schrieb Jeroen Wijnhout:
> On Saturday 07 February 2004 11:02, Jesper K. Pedersen wrote:
> > Klas Kalass <klas.kalass at gmx.de> writes:
> > | We have kdeextragear-1/scripts/cvsExtract.sh, which is intended to be
> > | "the" packaging script for the extra gear. If there are any problems
> > | with that one, please send a mail to this list. Sebastian Trueg seems
> > | to maintain it at the moment :-)
> >
> > I just tried the script today, and found that it doesn't pack the
> > directory together and do clean up at the end.
> >
> > So a feature request is to add that.
>
> Euhmm. I've sent a patch to this list a while ago that added three
> switches: --package : create a tarball
> --split : create two separate package, one for i18n and one for the app
> --noi18ntag : don't use the tag specified with --usetag for
> kde-i18n/subdirs
>
> Nobody responded to my previous email, so the patch is still not comitted
> to CVS. I've attached it again.
>
> Can you try it out?
Since the scripts are for internal usage of Extra Gear developers I see no
reason why Extra Gear developers should not commit their changes - unless
they are not sure of them of course.

If people find that patch usefull then feel free to commit. After a quick look
at the patch I had the impression though that your new variables will not
always be initialized correctly.

Regards,

  Klas