[Kde-extra-gear] KDE-extragear should follow the same release cycle than the other KDE modules

Charles de Miramon kde-extra-gear@mail.kde.org
Sat, 23 Nov 2002 20:38:53 +0100

> Well, the entire idea behind the extra gear was to not be part of the
> official KDE releases and thus to not follow the cycles.
 Maybe you don't know that translations for all applications in the CVS a=
re=20
located in a single package by language, for example kde-i18n-fr for Fren=
ch.=20
The release cycle of kde-i18n follows the normal kde release cycle. There=
 is=20
an exception for koffice but there has been already lead to mistakes by=20
packagers downstream, so I don't think it is a example to follow.=20

So if you disconnect the release cycles of kdeextragear and kde, you will=
=20
never get correct translations for your applications.

By following the normal release cycle and the KISS principle, you will be=
nefit=20
not only of the translator effort but also on a period of testing when yo=
u=20
could focus on bugs and quality, making sure that all applications compil=
e on=20
all platforms, etc.

Cheers,
Charles