[Kde-extra-gear] A few questions about KDE Extra Gear

Aurélien Gâteau kde-extra-gear@mail.kde.org
Sun, 28 Jul 2002 18:12:45 +0200

Klas Kalass wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 28. Juli 2002 00:36 schrieb Aurélien Gâteau:
>
>>Hi !
>>
>>I successfully imported Gwenview to KDE Extra Gear and started working
>>
>>>from here. During this, a few questions came to my mind :
>>
>>* How do I set the version of my application ?
>>I previously used configure.in.in to do this, but there's no such file
>>anymore :-)
>
> AFAIK there is nothing wrong with having a configure.in.in in your application
> subdir, so just readd it and make sure it does not clash with the main
> configure.in.in.

Did it some other way : just added the version in main.cpp (ugly, but it
works)

>>* Is there a specific area to store distribution specific files such as
>>the debian directory or RPM spec files ?
>
> Not yet. Do think that would be a good idea? I thought they would go
> underneath the application main directory as they normally would.
> But do we need to centralize everything? I think that we should only
> centralize where we want to reach certain groups within the KDE Project
> (i18n). I do not know if centralizing distribution specific directories would
> have any benefits.

No problem, I was just asking before importing in order to avoid dead
directories (I love CVS ;-) )

>>* The Debian packager wrote a man file for Gwenview (this is required by
>>Debian). Where can I store it ?
>
> I don't know that to be honest :)
> I think the question is: Do we want man files to go into the translation
> pipeline (provided the translators are interested in translating the
> corresponding app that is...) or should we keep those seperated in favour of
> "proper" KDE style documentation?
> If we want the latter than just add it underneath your main app directory
> (probably in a subdir) and make sure it installs correctly.

I will go for the latter, thanks for your answers

   Aurélien