[Kde-extra-gear] A few questions about KDE Extra Gear

Klas Kalass kde-extra-gear@mail.kde.org
Sun, 28 Jul 2002 00:43:24 +0200

Am Sonntag, 28. Juli 2002 00:36 schrieb Aur=E9lien G=E2teau:
> Hi !
>
> I successfully imported Gwenview to KDE Extra Gear and started working
>
> >from here. During this, a few questions came to my mind :
>
> * How do I set the version of my application ?
> I previously used configure.in.in to do this, but there's no such file
> anymore :-)
AFAIK there is nothing wrong with having a configure.in.in in your applicat=
ion=20
subdir, so just readd it and make sure it does not clash with the main=20
configure.in.in.

> * Is there a specific area to store distribution specific files such as
> the debian directory or RPM spec files ?
Not yet. Do think that would be a good idea? I thought they would go=20
underneath the application main directory as they normally would.

But do we need to centralize everything? I think that we should only=20
centralize where we want to reach certain groups within the KDE Project=20
(i18n). I do not know if centralizing distribution specific directories wou=
ld=20
have any benefits.

> * The Debian packager wrote a man file for Gwenview (this is required by
> Debian). Where can I store it ?
I don't know that to be honest :)
I think the question is: Do we want man files to go into the translation=20
pipeline (provided the translators are interested in translating the=20
corresponding app that is...) or should we keep those seperated in favour o=
f=20
"proper" KDE style documentation?=20
If we want the latter than just add it underneath your main app directory=20
(probably in a subdir) and make sure it installs correctly.

Greetings,
Klas